Guy Fawkes; or, A Complete History of The Gunpowder Treason, A.D. 1605, by Thomas Lathbury (Audiobook) (mp3 CD)
Though the particulars connected with the Gunpowder Treason may be perused in the general histories of the period, yet I am not aware, that any modern narrative of that dark design is to be found in a separate form. Many brief sketches have, indeed, been published in various modern works: but no full and complete history of the Treason has ever been set forth. In compiling the present volume, I have collected, from various quarters, all the information which I could discover on the subject. It will be found to be the most complete narrative of the Treason ever published in a detached form: at the same time it is sufficiently concise not to weary the patience of the reader.
- 01: Preface.
- 02: Sketch of Papal Attempts in England and Ireland during the Reign of Elizabeth. The State of Religion and the Country on James's accession.
- 03: Sketches of the Conspirators.
- 04: Proceedings of the Conspirators, to the latter end of October, 1605.
- 05: The Jesuits privy to the Plot. The Narrative continued down to the Period of the Discovery of the Treason.
- 06: The Proceedings of the Conspirators on the Discovery of the Plot--their Capture at Holbeach--the Meeting of the Parliament.
- 07: Trial of the Conspirators.
- 08: Trial and Execution of Garnet, the Jesuit. The alleged Miracles of the Straw is declared a Martyr.
- 09: The Principles on which the Conspirators acted.
- 10: The Act for the Observance of the Day. A Service prepared for the Occasion. Alterations in the Service to suit the Landing of King William. Reflections.
Format: mp3 CD.
Contained in: CD Jewel Case.